To sign up for a GreenPath bankruptcy counseling course, you need to follow these 8 steps:
- Go to the GreenPath website. Just enter that website’s address into your browser, and the browser will transfer you from whichever other webpage [or whichever other website] you were at, to the GreenPath website. You can find the address we are making reference to here – for the GreenPath website – in the ‘links’ section at the bottom end of this article. Just enter that address into your browser, and the browser will take you straight to the GreenPath website.
- When you get to the GreenPath website, check at the top right hand corner, just below the ‘My Portal’ link, and you will see a menu icon. It is the one made up of three small horizontal bars – adjacent to the search icon. Click on the said menu icon.
- When you click on the menu icon, various menu options will appear below it – including ‘Counseling’, ‘Housing’, ‘Resources’, ‘Partnerships’, ‘About Us’, ‘Contact Us’… and so on. From those, click on the down arrow that is adjacent to the ‘Counseling’ link. When you click on that down arrow, more options will appear below – including ‘Get Started’, ‘Debt Counseling’, ‘Debt Management’, ‘Bankruptcy Support’, ‘Student Loan Counseling’, ‘Credit Loan Review’… and so on. From those, click on the ‘Bankruptcy Support’ link.
- On the screen that you will be taken to (after clicking on the ‘Bankruptcy Support’ link) scroll down, towards the bottom end. You will eventually encounter an orange-colored button that says ‘Bankruptcy Services’. Click on it.
- On the screen that you will subsequently be taken to, scroll down towards the bottom end, until you get to the section that says ‘1st Step: Credit Counseling’. At the bottom end of that section is an orange-colored button that says ‘Click here to begin’. Click on it.
- On the page that you will be taken to, scroll down, towards the bottom end, until you get to the section that says ‘I am new to GreenPath’. At the bottom end of that section is an orange-colored button that says ‘Click to continue’. Click on that button.
- Scroll down the screen that you will be taken to, again towards the bottom end – where you will find a button that says ‘Continue to Abacus’. Click on it.
- On the Abacus credit counseling portal that you will now be taken to, click on the ‘Start Now’ button under ‘First Course’. On the next screen, click on the ‘Start a New Course’ button. On the page that you will then be taken to, click on the ‘I agree’ button (of course after reading through the agreement). On the next screen, choose your state, then click on the ‘Continue’ button. Then choose your county, and provide the answers to the other questions so as to complete the registration for the pre-bankruptcy counseling course. Among the questions you will have to answer is one on whether you are single or married, the one on whether you wish to file for individual or joint/family bankruptcy, as well as your first name, last name and some digits from your social security number. Just answer all the questions and fill in the required details, in order to initiate the Bankruptcy counseling course.