To activate your Barclaycard online, you should:
- Enter the address for the activation page of the Barclaycards website into your browser. Then the Barclaycards activation page will appear on the browser. The address in question, which takes you straight to the Barclaycards activation page is indicated below, in the ‘links’ section. You only need to enter that address into your browser – specifically into the address bar – in order to get the Barclaycards activation page to appear.
- Once the Barclaycards activation page appears on your browser, check somewhere in the middle part, and you will see a section entitled ‘New Cardmember?’ Within that section, you are told that you can activate your Barclaycard in a matter of minutes. You are also told about the benefits you stand to gain, after activating your Barclaycard. At the end of the section is a button that says ‘Activate my card now’. Click on it.
- On the screen you are subsequently taken to, enter the required details to verify your identity and hence initiate the activation. Among the details you will have to enter there are some digits from your social security number, your date of birth, your account number and security code. You are also required to specify your occupation and state whether or not you are a US citizen… Enter all those details.
- After entering all the required details, click on the green-colored ‘continue’ button in order to be taken to the final phase of Barclaycard activation.
Barclaycard activation number
There are two numbers you will have to enter in the course of Barclaycard activation — namely the account number and security code.
The account number, which you have to enter in the course of Barclaycard online activation, is indicated on the front side of your Barclaycard. So all you have to do is enter it into the space provided for it, exactly as it appears.
The security code, which you also have to enter in the course of Barclaycard online activation, is made up of 3 digits, indicated on the backside of your Barclaycard (if it is a Visa or MasterCard branded card). It can also be 4 digits, indicated on the front side, if it is an American Express card.
To get to the stage where you can enter the account number and security code for activation purposes, do as follows:
- Go to the activation page on the Barclaycards portal. Just enter that page’s address (which you can find below in the ‘links’ section) into your browser, and you will be taken there.
- Once you are at the Barclaycards activation page, click on the ‘Activate my card now’ button – which you will find within the section entitled ‘New cardmember?’.
- It is on the screen you are subsequently taken to that you will find spaces for entry of the account number and security code (among other details) in order to complete the activation.
Barclaycard activation benefits
After activating your Barclaycard, you can subsequently set up online access. Thereafter [once you set up Barclaycard online access], you would be in a position to:
- View your Barclaycard balance online.
- View your Barclaycard transaction history online.
- Pay your Barclaycard bill online.
- Manage your Barclaycard online in many other ways.
Barclaycards activation page: