To make an Xbox digital game product refund request, follow these steps:
- Go to the refunds page on the Xbox website, by entering its address into your browser. At the bottom end of this article, you will notice a ‘links’ section. And within the said ‘links’ section, there is an address for the Xbox refunds page. So what you need to do is enter that address into your browser, after which the browser will take you to the Xbox refunds page.
- Upon getting to the Xbox refunds page, you will first be required to log into your account, before proceeding any further with the refund request. To log in, enter your email address, phone number or Skype ID (depending on what you prefer to sign in with), then click on the ‘Next’ button. You will then need to enter your password in order to be logged in. Note that the Xbox account you are supposed to log in with is the one you purchased the Xbox digital game product with.
- After logging in, you will be required to specify why you are making the request for the Xbox digital game product refund. Fill in all the required details, then await for approval.
Xbox refund request status – how to check the status of your Xbox refund request online
To check the status of your Xbox refund request online, do as follows:
- Go to the refunds page on the Xbox website, by entering its address into your browser. You can find that address within the ‘links’ section below.
- Once you are at the Xbox refunds page, as required, sign into your account (using either your email address, your phone number or your Skype ID). Note that the Xbox account you are supposed to log into is the one you made the refund request with.
- After logging in, click to indicate that you wish to view the status of your Xbox refund request and you will be able to do so. Note that even after the Xbox refund request is approved, it may take some time for the money to actually land in your account.
Xbox refund request status – possible outcomes to your Xbox refund request
In the first instance, your Xbox refund request may be approved: which means that you would eventually get the money, usually after some few business days.
Alternatively, the Xbox refund request may be declined.
Xbox refund request processing time
Typically, once approved, Xbox refunds take very little time to arrive. But there are also cases where you have to await for a few business days, before the refunded money actually reaches your account.
The most important thing is for you to log in to your Xbox account (the one you made a refund request with) to see whether, in first place, the refund request was approved. And if the refund request was approved, you may see a message to the effect that ‘it is being processed’. You may also need to be checking your bank account to see whether the refunded money has been credited. It is usually a matter of ‘several business days’.
Xbox refunds page: