To apply for a Wells Fargo student loan online, you need to follow these simple steps:
- Go to the Wells Fargo website, by entering its address into your browser. The address in question (for the Wells Fargo website) is indicated at the bottom end of this article, within the ‘links’ sections. When you enter that address, your browser should immediately take you to the Wells Fargo website.
- Once you get to the Wells Fargo website, check at the top and you will see a menu with items like ‘Banking and Credit Cards’, ‘Loans and Credit’, ‘Investing and Retirement’, ‘Wealth Management’ and ‘Rewards and Benefits’. From that menu, roll your mouse over ‘Loans and Credit’. Then from the options that appear when you do so, click on the ‘Student Loans’ link. [So, in a nutshell, you just roll your mouse over ‘Loans and Credit’, then click on the ‘Student Loans’ link].
- On the screen that you are taken (after having clicked on the ‘Student Loans’ link), scroll down a bit until you get to the section with the ‘Undergraduate Loan’, ‘Graduate Loans’, ‘Career & Community College Loan’, ‘Parent Loan’ and ‘Consolidate Student Loan’ buttons. From those, click on the button for the type of Wells Fargo student loan you wish to apply. For instance, if you wish to apply for a Wells Fargo undergraduate student loan, you click on the ‘Undergraduate Loan’ button. If you wish to apply for a Wells Fargo graduate loan, you click on the ‘Graduate Loans’ buttons… and so on.
- If you click on the buttons for the ‘Undergraduate Loans’, ‘Career & Community College Loans’, ‘Parent Loans’ and ‘Consolidate Student Loans’, you will be taken to pages with ‘Apply Now’ buttons that you can click on, to proceed straightaway. For ‘Graduate Loans’, you will have to be more specific as to whether you wish to apply for a health professionals loan, a MedCap-Xtra loan, an ordinary graduate degree loan, a bar exam loan… and so on. So you click on the link for one of those. Then on the page that you are taken to, click on the ‘Apply Now’ button you would find within the middle part.
- On the screen that you are taken to after clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button for any of the Wells Fargo student loans, you will first need to specify what type of loan you are searching for. This you do by clicking where is says ‘Find a Loan For..’, then selecting the student loan type from the drop down list. After specifying loan type, option buttons will instantly appear, where you are supposed to indicate whether you are applying as a student, or as a parent, sponsor or cosigner. Once you indicate whether you are a student or a parent[or sponsor or cosigner], further spaces will appear below, where you can initiate the Wells Fargo student loan application by entering a few details. For instance, you may be required to enter the state in which your school is located, your grade level, your field of study and your citizenship. Just enter all the required details, and click on the ‘Find My Loan’ button. The once your loan is ‘found’ enter the other required details in the subsequent screens, to complete the Wells Fargo student loan application. After completing the Wells Fargo student loan application, await for it to be processed. If it is successful, you should be able to access the Wells Fargo student loan in due course.
Wells Fargo website: