To sell on Walmart.com, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the Walmart website. You can find the address for the said Walmart website below, within the ‘links’ section. When you enter that address into your browser, the Walmart website should load immediately.
- Once the Walmart website loads on your browser, scroll down to the very bottom end of the homepage. There, at the Walmart website’s homepage bottom end, you will find some five columns/categories of links with titles like ‘Walmart Services’, ‘Get to Know Us’, ‘Walmart.com’, ‘Customer Service’ and ‘In the Spotlight’. Now if you check under the ‘Get to Know Us’ column/category of links, you will find a link that says ‘Sell on Walmart.com’. Click on it.
- On the next screen (which you are taken to after having clicked on the ‘Sell on Walmart.com’ link), check at the top right hand corner, and you will see a ‘Request to Sell’ button. Click on it.
- On the next page (which you are taken to after clicking on the ‘Request to Sell’ button), you will find information on the things you need to have, before proceeding. Once you are sure that you are ready to initiate the Walmart Marketplace application, click on the ‘Start Application’ button that you will find at the bottom right hand corner.
- Fill in the required details in the next screen, in order to (possibly) become a seller on Walmart.com. The required details there include your first name, your last name and your email address. You are then supposed to confirm your email address by re-entering it. You are also required to enter your phone number, your job title, the legal company name as well as your US Tax ID (TIN). Then enter the preferred tax classification for your company, upload the required documents (namely W8 or W9 and EIN) and your legal address.
- As you head towards the bottom end of the Walmart marketplace application form, enter the ‘Doing Business As’ details, the company website, the DUNS number and specify whether or not you are transporting goods to another country. Then specify if you are dealing with products in the special categories given at the bottom end of the page. The special categories there include software, fragrances, luxury brands and cell phones & accessories. So if you are dealing in software, you click on the button for that. If you are dealing in fragrances, you click on the ‘Fragrances’ button there. If you are dealing in cell phones and accessories, you click on the button for that… If you are not dealing in any of those categories of products, you leave that particular section blank.
- Once you have filled in the required details in the first page of the Walmart marketplace application form, click on ‘Next’ button. Then provide the other required details in the subsequent screens, in order to complete the Walmart marketplace application. After that, await for it to be processed. If it is approved, you would be in a position to start selling on Walmart.com in due course.