Through the USAJOBS portal, you can easily search for and find a US government job online.
To search for a US government job online using the USAJOBS portal, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the said USAJOBS portal, by entering its address into your browser. If you check below, in the ‘links’ section of this article, you will find the address in question – which you can use to access the USAJOBS portal. So all you have to do is launch your browser, enter that address into the address bar, and hit the ‘enter’ key on your keyboard in order to be taken to the USAJOBS portal.
- Once you are at the portal, check at the top, and you will find spaces provided for you to enter ‘keywords’ and ‘location’ in order to initiate a search. Enter a keyword – which could be a desired job title, a government department you wish to work for, an agency you wish to work for… and so on. Just enter an appropriate keyword.
- Having entered a keyword, enter the location you wish to work at – which you can do by entering a city’s name, a state or a zip code (you can leave that space blank, if you don’t have any preferred work location).
- Having entered a keyword and, if necessary, a desired work location, click on the ‘Search’ button in order to initiate the search. The USAJOBS portal will then return all job openings that meet your search criteria.
If you wish to log into the USAJOBS portal, these are the steps to follow:
- Enter the address for USAJOBS portal into your browser. You can find the said address below, in the ‘links’ section.
- Once you are at the USAJOBS portal, check at the top, and you will see a menu with items like ‘sign in’, ‘help’ and ‘search’. Click on the ‘sign in’ link.
- On the login.gov screen that you are subsequently taken to, enter your email address into the space provided for it. Then enter your password. After that, click on the blue-colored ‘Sign In’ button and you will be able to access your USAJOBS account straightaway.
To access internship opportunities through the USAJOBS portal, do as follows:
- Enter the address for the USAJOBS portal into your browser. The portal should then load on your browser.
- Once the USAJOBS portal loads on your browser, check somewhere towards the top, and you will see spaces provided for you to enter your keywords and location preferences. Into the space for keywords, enter the word ‘internship’ and if you’d prefer internship opportunities at a specific location, enter that location information.
- Click on the ‘Search’ button, and the portal will return all the internship opportunities that are open at that location. Note that to broaden your search, you can leave the ‘location’ space blank – and the portal will then return all open internship opportunities.
USAJOBS Resume Builder
To create a resume using USAJOBS’s resume builder feature, follow these steps:
- Go to the USAJOBS portal.
- Once you are at the portal, click on the ‘Sign In’ link (which you will find towards the top right hand corner), then log in by entering the required credentials.
- Once you are signed into the portal, click on ‘documents’, then select ‘resumes’ and finally click on ‘upload or build resume’. From the options that appear, select ‘build resume’. Then follow the instructions to complete the task of building your resume on USAJOBS.