To apply for the Tesco credit card online, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the Tesco website. You can find the address for the said Tesco website below, within the ‘links’ section. When you enter that address into your browser, the Tesco website will load immediately.
- Once the Tesco website loads on your browser, check at the top of the homepage and you will find a menu with items like ‘Groceries’, ‘F & F Clothing’, ‘Tesco Clubcard’, ‘Tesco Bank’, ‘Tesco Mobile’, ‘Recipes’ and ‘More’. From that menu, click on the ‘Tesco Bank’ link. Then from the options that appear when you do so, click on the ‘Credit Cards’ link.
- On the page that you are taken to (after having clicked on the ‘Credit Cards’ link), scroll down a bit until you get to section entitled ‘Show cards that help you’. Within that section, click on the button for the type of credit card you are in search of. So if you simply want a Tesco credit card to make purchases with, you click on the ‘Make Purchase’ button. If you want a Tesco credit card to improve your credit rating with, click on the ‘Build your credit rating’ button. If you want a balance transfer Tesco credit card, you click on the ‘Transfer a balance’ button… and so on.
- Once you click on any of the buttons, scroll down to see what Tesco credit cards are available for that particular need. Then once you find a Tesco credit card that suits your need, scroll further down and click on the ‘Apply’ button for it. Alternatively, on the Tesco credit cards page, scroll down and click on the button that says ‘See our card comparison table’. You would then be taken to a page with the various Tesco credit cards listed. Once you find a Tesco credit card that appeals to you from the table, click on the ‘Apply’ button for it.
- When you click on the ‘Apply’ button for any of the Tesco credit cards, you will first be taken to a page where you will find the eligibility criteria. So that is where you are told to ‘Make sure you are eligible’. Further down is a ‘Get your paperwork ready’ section – where there is information on the details you need to have at hand, before beginning the Tesco credit card application. Once you are sure that you are eligible for the Tesco credit card (as per the criteria given) and once you are sure that you have all the paperwork ready, scroll down and click on the ‘Begin Application’ button.
- Fill in the required details in the screens that you will be taken through, in order to complete the Tesco credit card application. For instance, in the first page, you will be required to enter your first name, your last name, your date of birth and your postcode. Just enter all those details into the respective spaces, then click on the ‘Start Your Application’ button. Enter the other required details in the subsequent screens, until you get to the end of the Tesco credit card application. Then await for the application to be processed. If it is approved, you should eventually get your Tesco credit card after a short while.