To pay Tampa Hillsborough Expressway tolls online, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the Tampa Hillsborough Expressway Authority (THEA) website, by entering its address into your browser. The address in question (which you can use to access the Tampa expressway authority website) is indicated below, within the ‘links’ section. When you enter that address into your browser, the Tampa Hillsborough Expressway Authority website will load immediately.
- Once the said Tampa Hillsborough Expressway Authority website loads on your browser, check at the very top of the homepage, and you will see a menu. The menu has items like ‘Careers’, ‘Blog’, ‘Payments’ and ‘Contact Us’. From that menu, click on the ‘Payments’ link.
- On the screen that you are taken to [after having clicked on the ‘Payments’ link], scroll down a bit until you find the link/button for the type of Tampa expressway toll payment you wish to make. For instance, if you wish to make a Tampa Expressway toll-by-plate payment, check within the ‘Toll-By-Plate’ section. There, you will find somewhere you are told to ‘Click Here’ to pay a Toll-By-Plate invoice [with the words ‘Click Here’ hyperlinked]. So click on that link. Then follow the instructions in the page(s) that you will be taken to, in order to complete the Tampa Expressway toll-by-plate payment transaction.
- On the other hand, if you had received a collections letter from the Tampa Hillsborough Expressway Authority, scroll down until you get to the ‘Collections Walk-In Service Center’ section. Then click on the ‘Pay Now’ button that is at the bottom end of that section. On the site you are taken to, log in and complete the Tampa Expressway toll payment transaction. [So what will happen when you click on the ‘Pay Now’ button is that you will be taken to PayTheTolls website. Once you get there, click on the ‘Login’ button you will find at the top – next to the ‘Online Service Center’ link. Alternatively, you can click on the ‘Log In’ button that is next to where you are invited to ‘Access your collections account’ in the mid right hand side of the page. You will then log in by entering your account license plate and either your account number or your notice number. After logging in, you click to indicate that you wish to pay, then enter the payment details to complete the Tampa expressway toll bill payment transaction]
- If your registration is being held due to unpaid Tampa Expressway tolls, scroll down until you get to the ‘Registration Hold’ section. Then click on the ‘Pay Here’ button you will find at the bottom end of that section. In the site that you will subsequently be taken to, log in and enter the required details to complete the Tampa Expressway toll payment transaction, in order to lift the registration hold.
- If you wish to pay your Tampa Expressway tolls through the SunPass system, scroll down further, and click on the link for the SunPass website that you will find within the ‘SunPass Account’ section. Then provide the required details on the SunPass website that you will subsequently be taken to, in order to complete the Tampa Expressway toll payment transaction.
Tampa Hillsborough Expressway Authority (THEA) website: