To apply for the Staples credit card online, you need to do as follows:
- Go to the Staples website. You can find the address for the said Staples website below, within the ‘links’ section. When you enter that address, your browser should take you straight to the Staples website.
- Once you get to the Staples website, scroll down the homepage, to very bottom end of it. There, at the bottom end of the Staples website’s homepage, you will find some six columns/categories of links. They have titles like ‘Customer Service’, ‘Staples More Account’ and ‘Corporate Info’. Others are ‘Staples Corporate Solutions’, ‘Other Staples Sites’ and ‘Staples Programs’. Now if you check under the ‘Staples More Account’ column/category of links, you will find a ‘Staples More Credit’ link. Click on it. [So you just scroll to the bottom end of the Staples website’s homepage, then click on the ‘Staples More Credit’ link that under the ‘Staples More Account’ column].
- On the page that you are taken to (after having clicked on the ‘Staples More Credit’ link), scroll down a bit, and then click on the ‘Apply Now’ button that is somewhere in the middle part of the page. Or, better still, scroll down to the bottom end of the page, all the while reading about the benefits and the workings of the Staples credit card. Then scroll back up and click on the picture of the type of Staples credit card you wish to apply for. So if you wish to apply for the Staples business credit card, you click on that. If you wish to apply for the Staples commercial credit card, you click on that. And if you wish to apply for the Staples personal credit card, you click on it.
- After clicking on the picture of the specific Staples credit card you wish to apply for, click on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
- Fill in the form in the page that you will be taken to (after clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button), in order to complete the Staples credit card application process. For instance, if you clicked to indicate that you wish to apply for the Staples personal credit card, you will need to start by entering your first name, your middle initial and your last name. Then enter your email address into the space provided for it. Further down, enter your street address, then enter your phone number, your financial information and your social security number. The required financial information there would include your monthly rent/mortgage payment, your residence status [whether you are a renter or an owner] and your total annual net income. Then enter your date of birth and your Staples rewards number (if you have it). After entering all those details, read the information in the ‘Account Terms & Details’ section. Then at least peruse through the information in the ‘Staples Personal Credit Card Disclosures’ section — if you are applying for a personal Staples credit card.
- At the bottom end of the Staples credit card application page, you will find two checkboxes that you are supposed to click on (so that they are ticked) in order to proceed. In the first one, you check to indicate that you have read (and you agree with) all the statements outlined in the upper part of the page – including the account terms and details, staples credit card disclosures… and so on. And in the second one, you check to indicate that you agree to receive the Staples credit decision electronically… Just ensure that the two checkboxes are checked.
- After clicking on the checkboxes (so that they are ticked), click on the ‘Submit Application’ button at the bottom end. Your Staples credit card application will then be conveyed for processing. And if the credit decision that is made is in your favor, you should be able to receive the Staples credit card in due course.