To calculate the Salary you should be earning using the Salary.com calculator, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the Salary.com website, by entering its address into your browser. The said address – for the Salary.com website – can be found at the bottom end of this article, within the ‘links’ section. All you need to do is enter it into your browser, after which the Salary.com website will load immediately.
- Once the Salary.com website loads on your browser, check at the top and you will see a menu with items like ‘Personal’, ‘ Data’, ‘Join a Survey’, ‘Business Solutions’, ‘Learn’, ‘About Us’… and so on. From that menu, roll your mouse over ‘Personal’. When you do so, more options appear below, including ‘Salaries’, ‘Salary Research’, ‘Job Listings’, ‘Learning Center’ and so on. From those, click on the ‘Salaries’ link.
- On the screen that you will be taken to, check within the middle part and you will see a section entitled ‘Know your worth’. Within that section is a space where you are supposed to enter a keyword that is in line with the job you do — or in with the job whose proper salary you wish to calculate. For instance, if you are a seeking to calculate the proper salary for a project manager, enter the keyword ‘project manager’ into that space. If you are seeking to know the proper salary for a software engineer, enter the word ‘software engineer’ into that space. If you are seeking to know the proper salary for a psychologist, enter the keyword ‘psychologist’ into that space… and so on and so forth. Upon entering a keyword, further options may appear below, where you are supposed to be more specific about the role you are seeking to calculate a salary for. For instance, if you enter the word ‘software engineer’, options that may appear include ‘software engineer consultant’, ‘software engineer project lead’, ‘software engineer I’, ‘software engineer II’… and so on. Click on the link for the term that best describes the role you are seeking to calculate a salary for.
- Having entered the name of the role you are seeking to calculate a salary for, click on the green-colored button that says ‘Start Researching’.
- On the screen that you will be taken to, click on the link for the specific role whose proper salary you wish to calculate. You will then be taken to a screen where you can find the average salary for that type of role, as well as the role’s median salary, the role’s salary trends… and so on. If you scroll further a bit, you will find space where you can enter a location, education level, years of experience and so on in order to get more refined salary information. When you enter those details, what happens is that the Salary.com Salary Wizzard gets launched. You can then use it to get advanced details on what a professional/worker of a certain cadre ought to earn, given the location (salaries vary from state to state and even from city to city within the same state), level of education, years of experience… and so on.