To activate a PayPal card online, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the cards activation page on the PayPal website, by entering its address into your browser. If you check at the bottom end of this article, you will notice that there is a ‘links’ section. And within that section, you will find the address for the PayPal cards activation page (it is the first of the two links there). So it is that address you are supposed to type or copy into your browser, in order to be transferred to the PayPal cards activation page.
- When you get to the PayPal cards activation page, you will be required to sign in first, before proceeding any further. As required, enter your email address or mobile number into the space provided for it [this being the email address or mobile number on which your PayPal account is based]. Then click on the ‘next’ button. On the screen that you will be taken to, enter your password, so as to be signed into your PayPal account.
- After signing into your PayPal account, you will be taken straight to a page where you are supposed to enter a few details, in order to complete the PayPal card activation. Enter the respective details into the spaces provided for them and within a few minutes, you will be through with PayPal card activation.
PayPal MasterCard activation – How to activate your PayPal MasterCard Online
If yours is a MasterCard-branded PayPal card, the procedure for activating it would be slightly different. Here are the steps you need to follow, to activate your PayPal card, if it is MasterCard branded:
- Go to the PayPal Prepaid MasterCard activation page, by entering its address into your browser application. You can find that address in the ‘links’ section below, where it is given as the second link. When you enter that address into your browser (specifically into the address bar), you are transferred from whichever webpage you were at, to the PayPal Prepaid MasterCards activation page.
- When you get to the PayPal Prepaid MasterCard activation page, check within the middle part of the page, and you will notice a section entitled ‘Activate Card’. Within that section are spaces provided for you to enter your card number and the card’s security code, in order to initiate the activation. Just enter your PayPal MasterCard’s number (which is likely to be 16-digits long) into the space provided for it. Then enter your PayPal MasterCard’s security code (which is likely to be 3-digits long) into the space provided for it. After entering those two details, click on the ‘continue’ button at the bottom end, in order to be taken to the next stage in the PayPal MasterCard activation process.
- On the screen(s) that you are taken to, enter the other required details, to complete the PayPal MasterCard activation. Once the card is activated, you can use to it to pay for stuff anywhere MasterCard branded cards are accepted.
PayPal cards activation page:
PayPal MasterCard activation page: