To activate your device for MTV, you need to do as follows:
- Go to the MTV device activation page. You can find the address for the said MTV device activation page at the bottom end of this article, within the ‘links’ section. When you enter that address into your browser, the MTV device activation page will load immediately.
- Once the MTV device activation page loads on your browser, check within the middle part of it. There you will see a section where it says ‘Activate Your Device’. Within that section is a space provided for you to enter your MTV device activation code. Now take note of the MTV device activation code, exactly as it appears on the device’s screen, and enter it into the space provided for it.
- After entering your MTV device activation code, click on the ‘Continue’ button that is at the bottom end of the activation page.
- On the next screen, as required sign in (using your username and password), in order to complete the MTV device activation process.
These are the steps to follow if you wish to activate MTV on Roku player or if you wish to activate MTV on Apple TV. This would still be the procedure to follow if you wanted to activate MTV on a Firestick streaming device… or any other device. You just go to the MTV device activation page, enter the activation code, then sign in (to your TV service provider account) to complete the activation process. After completing the activation, you will find numerous MTV videos. Those are videos that you can browse through, and click on the ones you wish to view in order to access them straightaway on the newly activated device.
How to get the MTV device activation code
To get the MTV device activation code, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to your device’s app store. Once you get there, download the app through which you would be watching MTV.
- Install the app on your device. (In most cases, the installation starts automatically the moment the app gets fully downloaded).
- Once the app is downloaded and installed, select your TV service provider. This will result in the generation of an activation code.
It is the code that is generated in this process that you would need to enter at the MTV device activation page. After entering it, you are prompted to sign in to your TV service provider account, in order to complete the activation process. The idea behind the activation/sign in requirement is just to ensure that you actually have an active account (with the TV service provider). Once that is verified, you can proceed to access the MTV content fully using the new device.
How to regenerate MTV device activation code
To regenerate MTV device activation code (if the one you originally had has expired or isn’t working for whichever other reason), you need to do as follows:
- Go to the settings page.
- Click where it says ‘Regenerate Code’.
The moment you click where it says ‘Regenerate Code’ a new MTV device activation code should be generated straightaway. This is the code you would need to enter at the MTV device activation page. After entering it correctly, you will be prompted to sign in with your TV service provider in order to complete the activation process.
MTV device activation page: