To buy a used car on the Kelley Blue Book website, you need to follow these simple steps:
- Enter the address for the Kelley Blue Book website into your browser. You can obtain that address from the ‘links’ section at the bottom end of this article. And when you enter it into your browser, the Kelley Blue Book website will load immediately.
- Once the Kelley Blue Book website loads on your browser, check at the top right hand corner, and you will notice that there is a menu icon. That is the icon made up of three small horizontal bars. Click on it.
- When you click on the menu icon, a menu will instantly appear below it — with items like ‘Home’, ‘Car Values’, ‘ Cars for Sale’, ‘Car Reviews’, ‘Car Repair Pricing’… and so on. From that menu, click on the ‘Cars for Sale’ link.
- When you click on the ‘Cars for Sale’ link, further menu options will appear below – including ‘Cars for Sale’, ‘Sell Your Car’, ‘Free Dealer Price Quote’, ‘Vehicle History Report’ and so on. From those, click on the ‘Cars for Sale’ option.
- On the screen that you will be taken to, check within the middle part, and you will see a section entitled ‘Cars for sale – New and Used Cars Classifieds’. Within that section, as required, enter your zip code into the appropriate space. Then click on the ‘Save’ button. Once the window below the zip code entry space becomes active, enter the criteria for the used car you are looking for. Like where it says ‘Matches Within’, you can opt for ‘200 miles’ or even ‘500 miles’ in order to broaden your search. Then click on the ‘used’ checkbox, in order to narrow your search to used cars alone. Enter your preferred make, model and body style. You can also enter a price range and an age range. Then click on the ‘View’ button in order to initiate a search. The Kelley Blue Book system will then return all cars that meet the criteria you entered.
- Browse through the returned results, until you find a car that interests you or until you find the car you were looking for. Click on the link for that particular car. Read through the car’s information, and if you find it ideal, click on the ‘Start your offer’ button in order to initiate the purchase of the used car through Kelley Blue Book/kbb.com.
Kelley Blue Book used car value
To find used car value through the Kelley Blue Book website, you need to:
- Go to the Kelley Blue Book website, by entering its address into your browser.
- Once you are at the Kelley Blue Book website, click on the menu icon that you will find at the top right hand corner.
- From the menu options that appear, click on the ‘Car Values’ link. Then from the further menu options that appear, click on the ‘Price new/used’ link.
- On the next screen, select the make of the vehicle whose value you wish to view. Then select the model and click on the yellow-colored ‘Next’ button. On the next screen, select year then on the screen that you will subsequently be taken to, enter details on mechanical options, interior options, exterior options, packages and color. Or simply click on the ‘Price without added questions’ button at the top. On the next screen, click on the ‘Get a used car price’ button and the system will give you a value.
Alternatively, at the Kelley Blue Book homepage, click on the yellow-colored button that says ‘My cars value’ [within the ‘car shopping made easy’ section near the top left hand corner]. On the screens that you are taken to, enter the required details about the car, in order to get its value.
Kelley Blue Book website: