To apply for KCRA jobs online, you need to do as follows:
- Enter the address for the KCRA website into your browser. The KCRA website should then load on your browser. [If you check below, at the bottom end of this article, and you will notice a ‘links’ section. Within that ‘links’ section is the address for the KCRA website. So that is the address you are supposed to enter into your browser, in order to get the KCRA website to load].
- Once the KCRA website loads on your browser, scroll down the homepage, to the very bottom end. At the very bottom end, you will find 3 columns of links entitled ‘Contact Us’, ‘Careers’ and ‘EEO Reports’ respectively. Click on ‘Careers’.
- On the screen you are taken to, check towards the middle section, and you will see spaces provided for you to ‘Find jobs by keywords’. Enter keywords that the describe the role you are looking for into the space for keywords, then enter the desired work location. You can leave the location part blank, if you are willing to work anywhere. Having done that, click on the ‘Search’ button in order to initiate the job search.
- Browse through the job openings that are returned after the search. If you find one that interests you, click on the link for it. Then on the screen you are taken to, click on the ‘Apply for Job’ button for it. Then log in [or create a Taleo account if you don’t have one], and then enter your application.
At KCRA/Hearst, there always are job openings in areas like anchoring, advertising, information technology, human resources, finance and accounting… among others. All you need to do is go to the KCRA website, scroll down to the bottom end, click on ‘careers’ — then on the page you are taken to, initiate a search by entering a keyword that is in line with the kind of position you are looking for.
To apply for a KCRA internship, follow these steps:
- Enter the address for the KCRA website into your browser. The KCRA website should then load on your browser almost instantly.
- Once the KCRA website loads on your browser, scroll down, to the very bottom end of the homepage. There, at the bottom end, you will 3 columns of links, namely, ‘Contact us’, ‘Careers’ and ‘EEO Reports’. Under the careers column, there is an ‘Internships’ link. Click on it.
- On the screen you are taken to, you will find information on the available internship positions. Scroll down, and you will eventually find an application link that you can click on, so as to be taken to the KCRA internships application page.
KCRA 3 careers
The procedure you need to follow while applying specifically for KCRA 3 jobs is similar to that for the rest of KCRA careers. Simply:
- Go to the KCRA website, by entering its address into your browser.
- Once you are at the KCRA website, scroll down the homepage, right up to the bottom end.
- At the bottom end, click on the ‘Careers’ link.
- On the screen you are taken to, enter keywords that are in line with your KCRA 3 career aspirations. Like if you are interested in an anchoring role at KCRA 3, you can enter the keyword ‘KCRA 3 anchor’. If you are interested in reporter roles at KCRA 3, you can enter a keyword like ‘KCRA 3 reporter’… and so on and so forth. Alternatively, simply enter the keyword ‘kcra 3’ to see all open positions at KCRA 3. Once you find a KCRA 3 job opening that appeals to you, click on the ‘Apply for Job’ buttons for it. Then provide the required details to complete the application.