To activate the History Channel online, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the activation page on the History Channel’s website, by entering its address into your browser. That address (for History channel’s activation page) can be found in the ‘links’ section below. Your bit then is to enter the address into your browser application: after which the browser application will take you straight to the History Channel’s activation page.
- Once you are on History Channel’s activation page, check within the middle part and you will see a section entitled ‘Activate your device’. Within that section are buttons you can click on, to select your device [that is, the device you wish to activate so that it can start receiving History channel content]. So you find that there are buttons you can click on depending on whether the device in question is an Amazon Fire TV, Roku player or Apple TV. If your device is not one of those (that is, if it is not an Amazon Fire TV, Roku player or Apple TV), click on the button that says ‘Other’.
- After clicking on the appropriate button to select your device, more buttons will appear below, of which you are supposed to click on one in order to select your TV provider. Thus, for instance, if your TV provider is Hulu, you click on the ‘Hulu’ button. If your TV provider is Verizon, you click on the ‘Verizon’ button. If your TV provider is Xfinity, you click on the ‘Xfinity’ button… and so on. If your TV provider is not among the ones whose buttons appear, click on the ‘More Providers’ button, then select your TV provider from the drop down.
- After selecting your TV provider, scroll down a bit and you will find a space where you are supposed to enter your activation code. So what you need to do at this stage is enter the activation code, exactly as it appears, into the space provided for it.
- Having entered the History channel activation code into the space provided for it, click on the ‘Continue’ button that is at the bottom end of the page. You will then be taken to the final phase of the History Channel activation process. This final phase will entail visiting your TV provider’s website, and completing account verification there.
History.com login – How to sign in to your History Channel account
To sign in to your History channel account, you need to follow these steps:
- Enter the address for the History Channel’s website into your browser. The History Channel website will then load on the browser. The address you can use to access the History Channel’s website can be found at the bottom end of this article, within the ‘links’ section (it is the second link there). You just enter that address into your browser application, and the History Channel website loads.
- Once the History channel website loads on your browser, check towards the top right hand corner, and you will see some three icons – namely the profile icon (the one made of a small head and a bust), the search icon (the one made of magnifying glass) and the menu icon (the one made of three small horizontal bars). From those, click on the profile icon – the one made up of a small head and bust.
- When you click on the profile icon, a button that says ‘Your Profile’ will appear. Click on it.
- On the screen that you are taken to, check towards the bottom end, and you will find somewhere it says ‘Already have an account? Sign In’ with the words ‘Sign In’ hyperlinked. Click on the ‘Sign In’ link.
- On the screen that you will be taken to, enter your email address (the one you used to sign up for the History Channel profile) into the space provided for it. Then enter your password into the other space. Having done that, click on the black-colored ‘sign in’ button in order to be logged into your History.com account.
History Channel’s activation page:
History Channel website: