To apply for a job at Gap, you need to do as follows:
- Go to the Gap Inc. website, by entering its address into your browser. The said address (for the Gap Inc. website) can be found below, within the ‘links’ section. When you enter that address, your browser will immediately transfer you to the Gap Inc. website.
- Once you get to the said Gap Inc. website, check at the top and you will find a menu with items like ‘About’, ‘Values’, ‘Careers’, ‘Investors’ and ‘News’. Roll your mouse over ‘Careers’, then click on the ‘Gap’ link .
- On the screen that you are taken to, scroll down a bit until you get to the ‘Search Jobs’ section. Within that section, under ‘Brand’ enter ‘Gap’ (it may already have been selected by default, meaning that you don’t have to do anything in that regard). Then under ‘Talent Area’, select the type of job you are looking for at Gap. Thus, for instance, if you are looking for a store operations job at Gap, you select ‘Store Operations’ under ‘Talent Area’. If you are looking for an IT job at Gap, you select ‘Technology and Digital’ under ‘Talent Area’. If you are looking for a sales associate job at Gap, you select ‘Store: Brand/Sales Associates’ under ‘Talent Area’… and so on. Then under location, you enter the name of the city you wish to work for Gap at, or enter the zip code you are looking for a job at. You can also leave the location space blank, to broaden your Gap job search. In fact, you can also leave the ‘Talent Area’ space blank (by selecting ‘All’) in order to return all open positions at Gap. But if you want to narrow your search, enter ‘Talent Area’ and ‘Location’ specifications.
- After entering the job search criteria, click on the ‘Find Your Fit’ button. The system will then take you to a page with links to the various Gap jobs that are open. Browse through the various jobs’ links, until you find one that appeals to you (or until you eventually find the specific Gap job you set out in search of). Then click on its link.
- On the screen that you are taken to (after clicking on any Gap job’s link), you will find more information about that particular role. Just scroll down, until you get to the ‘About Gap’ section and read the information there. Then scroll down further, until you get to the ‘About the role’ section and read the information you will find there about the position you are just about to apply for. Further down, you will find information on ‘What You’ll Do’ [about the responsibilities you will be expected to handle] and on ‘Who You Are [about the qualifications for the role]. Also read about the ‘Benefits at Gap’ and finally – if you still think that the job is ideal for you – click on the ‘Apply’ button that you will find near the bottom end.
- On the page that you are taken to [after clicking on the ‘Apply’ button for any of the Gap jobs], you will be required to sign in to the Taleo system, before proceeding with the job application. If you already have a Taleo Gap account, sign in by entering your username and password. If you don’t, click on the ‘New User’ button and go through the Taleo registration motions. Then sign in by entering the username and password you would have created. After signing in, complete the Gap job application, submit it, and await for it to be processed. If you are shortlisted, you would subsequently be taken through an interview process. The interview process could then culminate in you clinching the job at Gap Inc. in due course.
Gap Inc. website: