To apply for Ford credit online, you need to do as follows:
- Go to the Ford website. You can find the address for the said Ford website below, within the ‘links’ section. When you enter that address into your browser, the Ford website loads immediately.
- Once the Ford website loads on your browser, check towards the top left hand corner, and you will see a menu with items like ‘Vehicles’, ‘Shop’, ‘Finance’ and ‘Owner’. Click on the ‘Finance’ link from that menu.
- When you click on the ‘Finance’ link, some four columns/categories of links will appear below, with titles like ‘Ford Credit Finance’, ‘Tools & Resources’, ‘Apply for Credit’ and ‘Account Management’. From those, click on the ‘Apply for Credit’ link.
- On the screen that you will be taken to, click on the ‘Start Credit Application’ button that you will find near the bottom end. So you first read about the information/details you will be required to provide in the course of the Ford credit application. Then, once you are sure that you are ready with all the required details, you click on the ‘Start Credit Application’ button at the bottom end.
- On the next screen, specify the type of financing you are looking for (with the options being ‘Purchase’, ‘Lease’ or ‘Not Sure’). So if you are trying to finance a Ford vehicle purchase, you click on the ‘Purchase’ button. If you are seeking to finance a Ford vehicle lease, you click on the ‘Lease’ button… If you are not sure about that issue, you simply click on the ‘Not Sure’ button. Then specify whether the application you are seeking to make is individual or joint – again, by clicking on the appropriate button. Further down select the type of vehicle you want to finance. [So you click on the ‘Find Your Vehicle’ button and select on the type of vehicle you wish to buy].
- After that, click on the ‘Individual Applicant’ link (if what you wish to make is an individual application for Ford finance). Then fill in the required details. Among other things, you are supposed to enter your first name, your middle initial and your last name. Then you are supposed to enter your date of birth, your social security number, your email address and your primary phone number. You then enter your street address, how long you have lived there and your residence status (whether you are an owner, renter, lessee and so on). As you head towards the bottom end of the application, you enter your employment status, your gross annual income, your work phone number — as well as how long you have worked there. Just enter all the required details, then click on the ‘Continue’ button in order to be taken to the final phase of Ford credit application.
After completing the application, you can check the status (whether it was approved or not) by following these steps: You first go to the Ford website’s homepage and click on the ‘Finance’ link from the main menu at the top. Then from the options that appear when you do so, click on the ‘Get Application Decision’ link. On the next screen, enter your Ford credit application number, your date of birth and click on the ‘Submit’ button. The Ford credit application status will then appear on the screen for you to view.