Through the FAFSA website, you can apply for federal student aid online. Whether you are looking for a grant, a loan, a scholarship, a work-study opportunity or a loan, the place to go is the FAFSA website. It is also through the FAFSA website that you can apply for military families aid and international study aid. Further, through the FAFSA website, you get an opportunity to manage your student loans – including getting help in consolidating your student loans, requesting for loan forgiveness, finding out where you can make student loan repayments, getting out of default… and so on. FAFSA stands for ‘Free Application for Federal Student Aid’.
To log into the FAFSA website, you need to follow these 3 steps:
- Go to the FAFSA website, by entering its address into your browser. The said address, through which you can access the FAFSA website, is indicated in the ‘links’ section of this article below.
- Once you get to the FAFSA website, check towards the middle part of the homepage, and you will see a section entitled ‘Complete the FAFSA Form’. Within it are 2 buttons: a ‘Start Here’ button for people who are new to the FAFSA process and a ‘Log In’ button for returning users. Click on the ‘Log In’ button.
- After clicking on the ‘Log In’ button, you will be taken to another screen, where there are option buttons you can click depending on whether you are a student or a parent. Upon clicking on either option, spaces appear where you are supposed to enter the login credentials. Just enter the required sign in credentials, then click on the ‘Next’ button in order to gain access to your FAFSA account.
To make a FAFSA student aid application, you need to follow these 3 steps:
- Enter the address for the FAFSA website into your browser. The FAFSA website will then load on the browser.
- Once the FAFSA website loads on your browser, check at the top and you will see a menu with items like ‘Understand Aid’, ‘Apply for Aid’, ‘Complete Aid Process’ and ‘Manage Loans’. Roll your mouse over the ‘Apply for Aid’ section, then click on the ‘Complete the FAFSA form’ link (or click on the link for whichever other type of student aid you wish to apply for).
- Upon clicking on the ‘Complete the FAFSA form’ link, you will be taken to a screen where you can initiate the application. Similarly if you clicked on the link for a specific student loan type/other type of student aid, you will be taken to a screen where you can initiate the application. Typically, you will be required to log into FAFSA before accessing the actual application form.
To see the FAFSA deadlines, follow these 4 steps:
- Go to the FAFSA website, by keying its address into your browser. You can find the said address below the in the ‘links’ section.
- When you get to the FAFSA website, roll your mouse over the ‘Apply for Aid’ link (from the main menu at the top), then click on the ‘Complete the FAFSA form’ link.
- On the screen you are taken to, scroll down (past the ‘FAFSA announcements’ section), and you will eventually find a ‘FAFSA Deadlines’ section.
- Select your state and year, then click on the ‘view deadlines’ button in order to access the applicable FAFSA deadlines.
To find out how to make FAFSA corrections, follow these 3 steps:
- Go to the FAFSA website.
- Roll your mouse over the ‘Apply for Aid’ main menu item, then click on the ‘Reviewing and Correcting Your FAFSA form’ link.
- Read through the information on the page you are taken to, so as to understand how you can review/make corrections to your FAFSA form.
FAFSA phone numbers
To find the FAFSA phone numbers, follow these 4 steps:
- Go to the FAFSA website.
- Click on the ‘Help Center’ link (which you can find somewhere towards the top right hand corner).
- On the screen you are taken to, scroll down towards the bottom end and you will encounter a ‘Contact Us’ button (within the section entitled ‘Have More Questions?’). Click on the said ‘contact us’ button.
- On the next screen, select the type of issue you want assistance for, and the relevant phone numbers to call will appear – typically on the right hand sidebar.