To activate your Etrade employee stock plan account, you need to do as follows:
- Go to the employee stock plans activation page on the Etrade website, by entering its address into your browser. You can find the address in question (for the Etrade employee stock plan account activation page) at the bottom end of this article, within the ‘links’ section. When you enter that address into your browser, the Etrade employee stock plan activation page will load immediately.
- Once the Etrade employee stock plan activation page loads on your browser, you will find a message welcoming you to Etrade. Below that are spaces provided for you to enter certain details, to confirm your identity, before you can proceed with the Etrade employee stock plan account activation. The required details are your employer name or ticker symbol, your social security number or employee ID and an authentication code. Now click on the space provided for entry of ‘company name/ticker’ and enter your employer’s name or your employer’s stock exchange ticker symbol there. Then click on the space provided for entry of your social security number and enter the same there. If you don’t have a social security number, click on the space below that and enter your employee ID there. Finally, click on the space provided for you to enter your authentication code. Then enter the authentication code you will have received (either by email or by mail) into that space. If you don’t have the authentication code, you can click on the ‘Request a new code’ link in order to initiate the process of getting it. Then once you have it, enter it into the space provided for it.
- After entering your employer name (or stock exchange ticker symbol), social security number (or employee ID) and authentication code into the respective spaces, click on the ‘Continue’ button at the bottom end.
- After clicking on the ‘Continue’ button, you will be taken to a screen where you are supposed to update your personal information. The basic information will already have been sent to Etrade by your employer, and yours is to ensure that it is actually accurate, then enter the few required details to complete this stage. If any of the basic details that were presented by the employer is not accurate, this would be the stage to make the necessary corrections. Just ensure that your personal information is well updated, before proceeding from this stage.
- After updating your personal information, you will be taken to a screen where you can choose your account preferences. So this would be the stage where, for instance, you get to specify the electronic document delivery methods that you prefer, among other things. Just make all the required account preferences at this stage.
- After selecting your account preferences, you will be taken to the final phase, where you are supposed to counter-check all the entered details, to confirm that everything is accurate. If everything is alright, you can click to submit your application, after which your Etrade employee stock plan account will be activated.
Etrade employee stock plan account activation page: