To check the towing capacity of a Dodge vehicle, do as follows:
- Enter the address for the Dodge website into your browser application. The browser application will then take you to the Dodge website almost instantly. You can find the said address, for the Dodge website, in the ‘links’ section below. That is the address you are required to enter into your browser – specifically into the address bar – in order to access the Dodge site.
- Once your browser takes you to the Dodge website, check at the top, and you will notice a menu with items like ‘vehicles’, ‘shopping tools’, ‘dodge garage’, ‘owners’ and ‘merchandise’. Click on the ‘vehicles’ link from that menu.
- When you click on the ‘vehicles’ link from the main menu at the top, all dodge vehicle types appear. Click on the link for the type of Dodge vehicle you wish to view towing capacity for. Like, for instance, if you wish to view the towing capacity for Dodge Grand Caravan, you click on ‘vehicles’, then, ‘Grand Caravan’. If you wish to view the towing capacity for the Dodge Durango, you click on ‘vehicles’, then ‘Durango’… and so on and so forth.
- On the screen you are taken to, scroll through the product information, until you get to the bit about towing capacity. Towing capacity is likely to be under the ‘Performance’ or ‘Performance is power’ section. In most cases, you will tend to find a red-colored button that says ‘Explore performance’ and upon clicking on, you are taken to a screen with further information about that particular vehicle’s performance, including towing capacity.
Dodge towing capacity
Dodge’s towing capacity is typically quoted in terms of pounds. So you may find a certain Dodge vehicle’s towing capacity being quoted at, say, 8,700 pounds, 2,000 pounds, 8,000 pounds and so on. The most important thing for you to note is this: what is typically quoted for the various Dodge vehicles is the maximum towing capacity. So the general rule tends to be that you can tow any load size, as long as you don’t exceed the [maximum] towing capacity.
Dodge towing capacity determinants
Some of the factors that determine Dodge towing capacity may include:
- The respective vehicles’ gross axle weight ratings.
- The respective vehicles’ gross combined weight ratings.
- The respective vehicles’ tongue weight ratings and
- The respective vehicle’s payload capacities.
If you are shopping for a Dodge vehicle that is meant to be used primarily for towing purposes, then the maximum towing capacity is a very important metric. You should go for a Dodge vehicle whose maximum towing capacity is within the range that would serve your intended purpose. Besides the quoted Dodge maximum towing capacity, you may need to take an independent look at the vehicle’s payload capacity, tongue weight, gross combined weight and gross axle weight. That would give you insights on whether the quoted maximum towing capacity is within the expected range.
Some of Dodge vehicle models come with features like trailer sway control, that can be of great help if you are seeking to use your vehicle primarily for towing purposes.