To renew UK driving licence if you are 70 and above, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the Renew-at-70 page by entering its address into your browser. You can find the said address (for the Renew-at-70 page) at the bottom end of this article, within the ‘links’ section. When you enter that address into your browser, the Renew-at-70 webpage will load immediately.
- Once the Renew-at-70 webpage loads on your browser, scroll down until you get to the green-colored ‘Start Now’ button and click on it. Or you can opt to first scroll towards the bottom end of the page, reading about the process of renewing your UK driving license if you are 70 and above. Once you have read about the process and understood it, you scroll back up until you get to the ‘Start Now’ button and click on it. Either way, just click on the ‘Start Now’ button.
- Read through the information on the page that you will be taken to (after having clicked on the ‘Start Now’ button). Once you have internalized all the instruction there, click on the ‘Next’ button, which you will find at the bottom right hand side. It is important to note that from this point, you are not supposed to click on your browser’s ‘Forward’ and ‘Backward’ arrows. Instead, if you wish to navigate onwards or backwards, you use the ‘Next’ and ‘Back’ buttons at the bottom end of the licence renewal system pages. So after internalizing the information on that page, just click on the ‘Next’ button.
- You will then be taken to a page with information on the ‘Security of your data’. Read through that information, then click on the ‘Next’ button at the bottom right hand side.
- Fill in the required details in the page that you will subsequently be taken to, in order to initiate the UK driving licence renewal process. So you first click where it says ‘Title’ and select your title (which could be Mr, Mrs, Miss, Dr, Rev… etc) from the drop down list. Then you enter your forenames – which means your first and (any) middle names — into the spaces provided for that. Next you enter your surname into the space provided for it. You then specify your gender, enter your date of birth and country of birth. After filling in all the required details on that form, click on the ‘Next’ button at the bottom right hand corner.
- You will then be taken to a page where you are required to enter your addresses. After that you will be taken to your driver record page and then on to your security details page. Next to that will be the screens where you enter your national insurance number and your UK passport number.
- If you go through all those stages successfully, you will finally be taken to the driving licence renewal application stage. Just fill in all the required details at this stage. You will then be given a summary of your application, which you will be required to confirm, in order to complete the driving licence renewal process.