To apply for the Costco credit card online, you need to do as follows:
- Go to the Costco website, by entering its address into your browser. The address in question (for the Costco website) can be found below, within the ‘links’ section. When you enter that address into your browser, you will be immediately transferred to the Costco website.
- Once you get to the Costco website, scroll down to the very bottom end of the homepage. There, at the bottom end of the Costco website’s homepage, you will find some five columns/categories of links, with titles like ‘About Us’, ‘Membership’, ‘Vendors & Suppliers’, ‘Customer Service’ and ‘Locations & Services’. And if you check under the ‘Membership’ column/category of links, you will find that there is a ‘Credit Card’ link. Click on it.
- On the page that you are taken to, scroll down a bit and click on the ‘Apply Now’ button for the specific Costco credit card you wish to apply for. So for instance, if you wish to apply for the Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi, you click on the ‘Apply Now’ button for that. And if you wish to apply for the Costco Anywhere Visa Business Card by Citi, you click on the ‘Apply Now’ button for that.
- Fill in the required information on the screen that you are subsequently taken to (after having clicked on the ‘Apply Now’ button for any of the Costco credit cards). In the first part of the application, you are required to enter your [Costco] membership number, followed by your first name, your middle initial and your last name. You are also required to enter your home address, your social security number and your date of birth. Further down ,you are required to enter your country of citizenship, your mobile phone number and your email address. At some point, you are required to enter a security word — which, as they explain, would in the future be coming in handy whenever you have to make calls about your Costco credit card.
- In the financial information section of the Costco credit card application form, you are required to enter your total annual income and your monthly mortgage or rent payment. You then required to click on the respective checkboxes, to indicate whether you have a checking account, a savings account and/or a money markets account. Then there is a checkbox you can click, if you wish to add an authorized user to your Costco credit card. When you click on that checkbox, spaces will appear below, for you to enter information about that authorized user.
- Towards the bottom end of the Costco credit card application form, you will find a section with the card’s terms and conditions. Read the fine print in that section, and click to indicate that you agree to them (if you actually do).
- Finally click on the ‘Agree & Submit’ button, so as to have your Costco credit card application conveyed. Then await for the application to be processed, and if it is approved, you should eventually get the Costco credit card in due course.