To rent a car through Costco, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the Costco website. You can find the address for the said Costco website below, within the ‘links’ section. When you enter that address into your browser, the Costco website loads immediately.
- Once the Costco website loads on your browser, check at the top left hand corner, and you will see a ‘Shop’ link — which is joint with a menu icon (the three small horizontal bars). Click on that link/icon. When you do so, a menu with items like ‘Appliances’, ‘Baby’, ‘Beauty’, ‘Computers’, ‘Electronics’… and so on will appear below. Now scroll down that menu, and click on the ‘Travel’ link that you will find towards the bottom end of it.
- When you click on the ‘Travel’ link, you will be immediately transferred to the Costco Travel website. On that site’s homepage, check at the top, and you will see a menu with items like ‘Home’, ‘Packages’, ‘Hotels’, ‘Cruises’, ‘Rental Cars’ and ‘Theme Parks & Specialty’. From that menu, click on the ‘Rental Cars’ link.
- On the screen that you are subsequently taken to (after having clicked on the ‘Rental Cars’ link), check within the middle part and you will see spaces provided for you to enter pick up and drop off location, pick-up date, pick-up time, drop-off date and drop-off time. Enter all those details, then – if you are 25 years old and above — click on the checkbox that says ‘Yes, I am at least 25 years old’ (if it is not checked by default). After that, click on the ‘Find My Car’ button. If you are not yet 25, leave that checkbox unchecked. If it was checked by default, click on it to uncheck it. The moment you uncheck that checkbox, you will be taken to a screen where you are informed about the additional fees and restrictions that apply for folks who are below 25 renting cars from Costco Travel. You would need to call the number indicated on that screen, to proceed with the Costco car rental if you are not yet 25. Otherwise if you are 25 years and above, leave the checkbox checked/ticked, then click on the ‘Find My Car’ button.
- On the screen that you are taken to [after clicking on the ‘Find My Car’ button], browse through the various available car rentals. Then click on the + sign [on the right hand side] for the one that interests you or for the one that you set out in search of. When you click on that + sign, it will change to a tick. After doing this, click on the ‘Continue’ button that is at the top right hand corner.
- Once you click on the ‘Continue’ button, you will be taken to a page where you will find the cost for the car rental. If you are okay with it, click on the ‘Continue’ button that is near the bottom right hand corner.
- On the page that you will thereafter be taken to, select any additional equipment you may want for the car hire, then click on the ‘Continue’ button at the bottom right hand corner.
- Enter the other few required details in the subsequent screens, to complete the Costco car rental transaction.