To activate your CommBank card online, you need to do as follows:
- Go to the CommBank cards activation page, by entering its address into your browser. The address in question here (for the CommBank cards activation page) can be obtained from the ‘links’ section at the bottom end of this article. Either type that address into your browser, or simply copy it into the browser’s address bar – after which you will be transferred straight to the CommBank cards portal (also known as NetBank).
- Upon getting to the CommBank cards portal, you will find a message to the effect that you need to ‘Log on to NetBank to proceed’. And to log in, you are supposed to enter your client number and password. Just enter your client number into the space provided for it, then enter your password into the other space.
- After entering the client number and password into the respective spaces, click on the ‘Log On’ button, in order to be signed in to CommBank’s NetBank system.
- After signing in to NetBank, click on ‘Settings’. Then select ‘Security’. You will then notice that one of the options that appear when you select ‘Security’ is the ‘Card activation’ option. Click on it.
- After clicking on ‘Card Activation’, you will be taken to a screen where you are supposed to enter some details, in order to complete the CommBank card activation process. Among the details you are supposed to enter are some digits from your CommBank card (the one you are trying to activate) and your PIN. As required, enter the last 4 digits of your CommBank card into the space provided for that. Then click on the ‘Check’ button. You will then be required to enter your PIN into the other space (and confirm it). Finally, you will need to ‘Get NetCode’ and enter it in order to complete the CommBank card activation.
CommBank NetBank Registration
As noted above, before you can activate your CommBank card online, you will need to have registered for NetBank [which is CommBank’s online banking system]. Only then would you be in a position to sign in to NetBank and activate cards. So how do you register for NetBank? Follow these steps:
- Go to the CommBank cards activation page, by entering its address into your browser. You can obtain that address from the ‘links’ section at the bottom end of this article.
- Once you are at the CommBank cards activation page, you will find a message to the effect that you need to ‘Log on to NetBank to proceed’. Below that is a sign in box. And next to that is another section entitled ‘New to NetBank?’. That is where you will find a ‘Register for NetBank Now’ link. Click on it.
- When you click on the ‘Register for NetBank Now’ link, you are taken to a screen where you are supposed to enter some details (including your CommBank card number and its PIN) to complete the registration. Enter the required details into the respective spaces.
- After registering for NetBank, you can proceed to sign in, and follow the steps outlined earlier, to activate CommBank cards whenever you need to do so.
CommBank credit cards activation page: