To sign in to your Carmax account online, you need to:
- Go to the Carmax website, by entering its address into your browser application. So you first launch your browser application. Then you enter the address for the Carmax website (which you can find below, within the ‘links’ section) into the browser’s address bar. The browser will then take you straight to the Carmax website.
- When you get to the Carmax website, check at the top right hand corner, and you will notice a profile icon (the one made of a small head and bust). When you roll your mouse over it, three links will appear below it– namely ‘Sign In’, ‘Register’ and ‘Make a Payment’. Click on the ‘Sign In’ link.
- On the screen that you are taken to, you will find a space provided for you to enter your email address and another one where you are supposed to enter your password. Enter both credentials into the respective spaces, then click on the ‘Sign In’ button. You will then be logged into your Carmax account immediately.
Upon logging in to your Carmax account, you can access saved cars or saved car searches. You can also be in a position to make a request for inventory alerts (meaning that the Carmax system would be sending you an alert whenever there are postings meeting the criteria you will have set up). Further still, after logging into your Carmax account, you can manage your Carmax finance account, and if you so wish, make car payments online.
In a nutshell, logging into the Carmax website gives you a chance to access many features that would have been inaccessible to you, if you were using the site without logging in. For instance, whereas you can search for cars on Carmax without logging in, you can’t save the searches. You have to log in to save the searches. Same with inventory alerts: where you find that you can’t set up a Carmax inventory alert if you are not logged into your account on the site…
Carmax account set up – How to sign up for a Carmax account online
To set up a Carmax account online, do as follows:
- Go to the Carmax website, by entering its address into your browser application. The address in question (for the Carmax website) is indicated at the bottom end of this article, in the ‘links’ section. When you type or copy that address into your browser, you are transferred to the Carmax website.
- When you get to the Carmax website, roll your mouse over the profile icon – which you will find at the top right hand corner. When you roll your mouse over the profile icon, three links will appear, namely ‘Sign In’, ‘Register’ and ‘Make a Payment’. Click on the ‘Register’ link.
- Fill in the form in the screen that you will be taken to, in order to complete Carmax account set up. Among the details you will be required to enter is your first and last name, your email address and the password you wish to be logging into Carmax with. Enter all those details, then click on the yellow-colored ‘Register’ button in order to complete the Carmax account registration.