To apply for Capital One auto loan, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the Capital One website, by entering its address into your browser. The said address (for the Capital One website) is indicated at the bottom end of this article, within the ‘links’ section. When you enter that address, your browser will immediately transfer you to the Capital One website.
- Once you get to the Capital One website, check at the top of the site’s homepage. There, at the top of the homepage, you will see a menu with items like ‘Credit Cards’, ‘Checking & Services’, ‘Auto Loans’, ‘Business’, ‘Commercial’ and ‘Learn & Grow’. From that menu, click on the ‘Auto Loans’ link.
- On the page that you are taken to [after having clicked on the ‘Auto Loans’ link], check within the middle part. There, in the page’s middle part, you will see a section with ‘Search Cars’, ‘Finance a Car’, ‘Enter Pre-Approval Code’, ‘Refinance a Car’ and ‘Get Help’ links/icons. From those, click on the link/icon for the type of Capital One auto loan you wish to apply. If, for instance, you wish to finance a car purchase, click on the ‘Finance a Car’ link/icon.
- On the next screen [which you are taken to after clicking on the ‘Finance a Car’ link/icon], you will be required to first specify whether the application is individual or joint. So if what you wish to make is an individual application for a Capital One auto loan, you click on ‘Individual’. Then read the information that appears when you do so. After reading through that information, click on the ‘Next:Personal’ button at the bottom end, in order to be taken to a page where you can enter personal details.
- Fill in the required details in the page that you will subsequently be taken to [after having clicked on the ‘Next:Personal button]. Among other things, you will need to enter your first name, your last name and your email address (which you will need to confirm by re-entering). Then enter your phone number, your social security number and your date of birth. Enter all those details, then click on the ‘Next:Residence’ button at the bottom end. Enter the required residence details in the page that you are taken to thereafter. After that, you will then be taken to a screen where you are supposed to enter your employment details. Then you will have a chance to confirm your application before submitting it for processing.
- After submitting a completed form, you will be informed on whether or not you pre-qualify for the Capital One auto loan. And if indeed you pre-qualify, you will be taken through a series of steps that will culminate in you getting the Capital One auto loan. Subsequently [after getting it] you can use it to finance the purchase of the vehicle.
How to respond to Capital One auto loan pre-approval letter
What if you got a letter in the mail, informing you that you have been pre-approved for a Capital One auto loan? In that case, to respond to the Capital One auto loan pre-approval letter, you first need to go to the Capital One website. This you do by simply entering its address into your browser. Once you are on the Capital One website’s homepage, roll your mouse over the ‘Auto Loans’ main menu item. Then click on the ‘Enter a pre-approval code’ which is under the ‘Find the Right Financing’ column/category of links. So you just roll your mouse over ‘Auto Loans’, then click on the ‘Enter a pre-approval code’ link. On the next screen, enter your last name and the pre-approval code into the respective spaces, then click on the ‘View Offer Details’. Follow the instructions you will find in the subsequent screens, to respond to/take advantage of the Capital One auto loan offer you received.
Capital One website: