To pay your British Gas bill online, you need to do as follows:
- Go to the British Gas website, by entering its address into your browser. The said address (for the British Gas website) can be found at the bottom end of this article, within the ‘links’ section. When you enter that address into your browser, the British Gas website will load immediately.
- Once the British Gas website loads on your browser, check at the top of the homepage and you will see a menu with items like ‘Energy’, ‘Home Services’, ‘Smart Home’, ‘Help & Support’ and ‘My Account’. Now roll your mouse over ‘My Account’, then from the options that appear when you do so, click on the ‘Your Bill’ link.
- On the screen that you are thereafter taken to (after having clicked on the ‘Your Bill’ link), enter your email address into the space provided for it. Then click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Fill in the form in the page that you will subsequently be taken to. Among other things, you will be required to first select your title, then enter your first name, your surname and your mobile number. If you don’t have a mobile number, click on the checkbox that says ‘I don’t have a mobile number’. Finally, enter your postcode and click on the checkbox that says ‘I agree with the terms and conditions of this site’. You can of course first click on the ‘terms and conditions’ link, in order to access them. and read them If you agree with them, click on the checkbox to indicate that. Then click on the ‘Next’ link that is at the bottom end.
- Provide the other required details in the subsequent screens, in order to complete the British Gas bill payment transaction.
How to submit a British Gas meter reading
To submit a British Gas meter reading, you need to follow these steps:
- Enter the address for the British Gas website into your browser. That address (for the British Gas website) can be found below, within the ‘links’ section. When you enter that address into your browser, the British Gas website will load immediately.
- Once the British Gas website loads on your browser, roll your mouse over the ‘My Account’ link that is near the top right hand corner. Then from the options that appear when you do so, click on the ‘Submit a Meter Reading’ link.
- On the next screen (which you are taken to after clicking on the ‘Submit a Meter Reading’ link), you will find some three buttons. Those are buttons you can click on, depending on whether you wish to access your account, to submit for someone else or if you are new to British Gas. So if you wish to submit your own meter reading, click on the ‘Access your Account’ button. If you wish to submit someone else’s British Gas meter reading, click on the ‘Submit for Someone Else’ button. And if it is the first time you are submitting the meter reading, click on the button that says ‘Submit Your First Meter Reading’.
- Provide the required details in the screens that you are subsequently taken through, in order to complete the British Gas meter reading submission.
British Gas website: