To apply for school meal benefits online, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the ApplyforLunch portal, by entering its address into your browser. You can find that address at the bottom end of this article, within the ‘links’ section. When you enter the said address into your browser application, you will be immediately transferred from whichever website or webpage you were at, to the ApplyforLunch portal.
- When you get to the ApplyforLunch portal, you will find a message informing you that ApplyforLunch is now MySchoolApps. At the bottom end of the page is an orange-colored button that says ‘Continue to MySchoolApps’. Click on it.
- On the screen that you will be taken to, check within the middle part, and you will see a section entitled ‘Apply for school meals the easy way’. Within it are two buttons labeled ‘Learn More’ and ‘Get Started’ respectively. Click on the ‘Get Started’ button.
- On the next screen, as required, enter your zip code or select your state. Then click on the ‘Search’ button.
- You will then be required to select your school district from a drop down list. After making the school district selection, click on the button that says ‘Select district and continue’.
- On the next screen, read through the list of things you need to have before beginning the school meals benefits application. If you have all of them at hand, click on the button that says ‘Begin application process’.
- On the subsequent page, click on the ‘I agree to terms’ button (after reading through the terms and conditions governing the school meals benefits application). So you first click on the checkbox that says ‘I have read and understood the terms’ [so that it is ticked]. Then you click on the ‘I agree to terms’ button.
- On the next screen, certify that the information you will provide is accurate by entering your first name, last name and date. Then click on the ‘Save and Continue’ button.
- Enter the other required details in the subsequent screens to complete the application for school meals benefits.
ApplyforLunch en Espanol – How to Apply for School Benefits Online in Spanish
To apply for school benefits online in Spanish, you need to do as follows:
- Go to the ApplyforLunch portal, by entering its address (which you can find in the ‘links’ section below) into your browser. So you enter that address into your browser, and the browser immediately takes you to the ApplyforLunch portal.
- Once you get to the ApplyforLunch portal, click on the orange-colored button that says ‘Continue to MySchoolApps.com’ at the bottom end [on the page, there is English and Spanish text giving you instructions to that effect].
- On the screen that you will be taken to (after clicking on the ‘Continue to MySchoolApps’ button), check towards the top right hand corner, and you will notice a menu with items like ‘Language’, ‘Help’ and ‘Contact’. From that menu, click on the ‘Language’ link. Then from the options that appear below it, click on ‘Espnanol’. From then, the portal will appear in Spanish, and you can proceed to complete the school lunch benefits application in that particular language.
School meals benefits application portal: