To activate a new American Express card online, you need to do as follows:
- Go to the cards activation page on the American Express website, by entering its address into your browser. You can find the said address (for the American Express cards activation page) from the ‘links’ section below. And when you enter it into your browser, the American Express cards activation page loads immediately.
- Once the American Express cards activation page loads on your browser, you will encounter a welcoming message. Below it are instructions for you to enter your details in order to ‘set up your new card’. And right below those instructions are spaces provided for you to enter your 15-digits card number and the 4-digit card ID. Enter both credentials into the respective spaces.
- After entering the 15-digit American Express card number and the 4-digit American Express card ID, click on the blue-colored ‘confirm’ button at the bottom end. Then enter the other required details in the screens that you will be subsequently taken to, to complete the American Express card activation.
American Express card login – how to sign in to your American Express card account
Once your American Express cards is activated, you will be in a position to start using it in various transaction. Thereafter, you may want to know how much money is remaining in the card. So that would make it necessary for you to view the American Express card balance online. Or you may want to know how that balance figure was arrived at. This would make it necessary for you to review the American Express card’s transaction history online. And as you are bound to discover, you can only do those things (like checking the balance and the transaction history online) after logging in. Then the question that would come up would be as to how exactly do you go about logging in?
Well, to sign in to your American Express credit card account online, follow these steps:
- Go to the American Express website, by entering its address into your browser. The address for the American Express website is given as link number two (within the ‘links’ section at the bottom end of this article). When you enter that address into your browser, you are transferred straight to the American Express website.
- Upon getting to the American Express website, check at the top right hand corner, and you will notice a blue-colored ‘Log In’ button. Click on it.
- After clicking on the ‘Log In’ button, you will be taken to the American Express cards login page: where you will find a space for entry of user ID and another space for entry of password. Enter the user ID into the space provided for it, and the password into the other space. Then specify that you wish to sign in to ‘cards my account’ [by selecting that option, if it is not selected by default]. Finally, click on the blue-colored ‘Log In’ button at the bottom end of the page, in order to be signed in.
After signing in, you can be in a position to view your American Express card balance. You can also be in a position to review the American Express card’s transaction history… and to manage your American Express card account in various other ways.
American Express cards activation page:
American Express website: